RE: Font sizes

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Jamie Mackay wrote:

and for text based users that get EVERYTHING in exactly the same black and
white format and font???

the basic standard I believe in 508 is LYNX in browsers and PINE in
e-mail, which BTW is one of the reasons I use these two. in theory they
are universally accessible. (notice I did say "in theory")

Bob

> <snip>
> 'I agree
> with the others...use default and let the users system choose the font'
> </snip>
>
> While I am all for creating accessible websites, I hear the sound of
> baby's going down the gurgler on this one.
>
> I think the ability to use different fonts is an important aesthetic
> consideration in the way I design webpages - though of course these
> should always be set as font-families with the default sans-serif as an
> option.
>
> As long as fonts are defined using CSS and sizes are defined at a
> reasonable size by ems or percentages I can't see any reason to discard
> them for the rather bland uniformaty of default fonts for everyone.
>
> Jamie Mackay

   /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign       accessBob                       .-.
   \ /   NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail   accessys@smartnospam.net        /v\
    X    NO MSWord docs in e-mail    Access Systems, engineers      // \\
   / \   NO attachments in e-mail    equal access is a civil right /( _ )\
THIS message and any attachements are CONFIDENTIAL and may be
privleged.  They are intended ONLY for the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks