Re: w3c - Scope attribute in Table tag

At 08:42 PM 7/12/2001 , Andrew.Arch@visionaustralia.org.au wrote:
>Jean-Marie D'Amour recently pointed out a quirk to me in HPR too - it
>doesn't seem to reset its tables ID's when you move to a new data table. So
>- make sure each table uses a unique set of ID's for the rows and columns
>as required. Has anyone esl had experience with this possible "feature"?

That's actually closer to the HTML spec, so I call it a "feature."

According to HTML 4, id attributes are supposedly be _globally
unique_ for a document.  Not just within the table, or even within
similar table markup.  There should only be one element in the entire
page that has any given id attribute value.  Two elements with the
same id attribute value is a violation of the HTML 4 standard.

Therefore, I consider it appropriate for HPR to only consider the
first instance of an id identifier as legit.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison