Re: Caution about Style Sheets

This is a legitimate concern. But the tools I have seen generate SVG
are capable of doing "the right thing", and most make that easier than doing
"the wrong thing". (This is not the case with all tools using CSS positioning
with HTML.)

cheers

Charles

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, David Woolley wrote:

  > (3) Use of CSS-P (positioning CSS) which does not linearize well
  >
  >      CSS-P (part of CSS level 2) is actually worse than tables
  >      when it comes to linearization problems; the ability of CSS
  >      to be drawn from ANYWHERE and to overlay other elements

  This is one of the main reasons that I'm concerned about the use
  of SVG by the average web page author.  Unless they had craft it,
  it is very likely that the linearised order will be the order in
  which the page was written, which, in many cases, may be far from
  the logical reading order.

until 6 January 2001 at:
W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France