From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Kynn Bartlett
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 2:32 PM
To: Kathleen Anderson
Cc: Davey Leslie; Anne Pemberton; Charles F. Munat; 'Bailey, Bruce';
w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: FrontPage Wants to be FREEEEEEEE

At 05:32 AM 1/18/2001 , Kathleen Anderson wrote:
>Davey:
>Please don't confuse FrontPage Express, which came with IE, and was free,
>with FrontPage 2000, which is part of Office and is not free. They are two
>completely differently animals.

Good point -- it's also important to note that the majority of
office workers in the U.S. -do- have some version of Office
installed on their computers, which means that it's not an
extra purchase for the company/school if they choose to use
FP2K.  Thus it's effectively "free" even if it's not technically
free software -- since you wanted Word and Excel and Powerpoint
anyway, you didn't have to fork over anything extra for FP2K.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                http://kynn.com/
Technical Developer Relations, Reef           http://www.reef.com/