Re: server side images for geographic mapping data

At 08:16 AM 1/18/2001 , Schuur, Shawn M wrote:
>We have a huge problem and I was looking for some feedback on what to do for
>accessibility and Section 508.

Shawn, accessibility and Section 508 are different but related
things.  If you ask "how do I make it accessible?", that's like
asking, "how do I make this safer?"  But if you ask "how do I
meet Section 508?", that's the same as asking "how do I meet
specific OSHA guidelines on safety?"

I can tell you a lot of things about making your home or house
safer, but if you want to meet specific regulatory standards,
you will need to check with the people who set the regulations.

The WAI list can be thought of as a general list about safety,
which has published their -own- list of safety guidelines, but
who are not the people who set the rules you have to follow.  So
an answer you'd get about how to make something safer may or
may not answer your question of "do I meet this rule or not?",
although the answer may have value in other ways.

I hope this explains a bit about why it's very hard to answer
your questions when asked on the WAI list.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                http://kynn.com/
Technical Developer Relations, Reef           http://www.reef.com/