Re: disturbing trend... oops, should have read

At 12:14 PM 1/10/01, Steven McCaffrey wrote:
> >Hello all:
>
> >    Oops!  My last post contained
> >errors referring to cursors.  The Jaws cursor (not the PC cursor) >read
> the cells as one row and the virtual PC cursor (not the virtual >cursor)
> read the cells as if they were on separate lines.
> >Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
> >-Steve
>
>In any case this is typical Jaws behavior, i.e., Virtual PC Cursor Mode
>uses MSAA to decolumnize the table, while the Jaws Cursor explores the
>visual layout of the screen.

So I really don't think there is a problem here, unless someone can point
to a page-in-the-wild that breaks Jaws.

UNLESS ... they are referring to the ALT+CTRL+LEFT/RIGHT-ARROW commands
(mentioned by Kelly Ford a few days ago), which do not work in this example
(while they do work in the W3C Techniques example with the coffee-drinking
chart). Still, these commands aren't affected by whether the P tag is there
or not. ... And losing these commands only means that one method of
navigating the table is removed, not that it displays inaccessibly (i.e.,
with numbers run together).

Removing the HEIGHT attribute does remove the blank line separating the
table cells, but I don't think either version is much different in terms of
accessibility.

In summary, I think we have a red herring here, until we can find a real
problem example to work on.

Patrick