RE: swapping images

Dear Jamie,
This specific issue comes up ever so often.  The suggestions you are getting
seem rather innovative, if not well supported.  I did a casual search
through the archives for "mouseover" but could find exactly what I was
looking for.  You might have better luck searching for yourself.  At a
minimum, I would suggest the thread beginning with URL:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2000AprJun/0438.html>
I remember an earlier observation that one _could_ use JavaScript to swap
ALT content dynamically -- but what would be the point -- since a screen
reader would never be able to get a hold of it!
I rather like your approach.  It seems to me that the content is sufficient.
It is fairly backwards compatible, and works on both major market browsers.
I would judge your solution to be more than acceptable, perhaps even
commendable.  Does anyone disagree with this assessment?
Good luck,
Bruce Bailey