Re: A new iconography? (was:How to convince businesses to be accessib le...)

At 02:06 PM 10/7/00 -0400, David Poehlman wrote:
>the point I was making though is that it is one thing to have
>a problem that requires an unveiling solution and quite another to have
>something unveiled and not be able to access it if you will.

I think you are saying that it is one problem solved if graphics are
labeled with text, but a very different problem if the graphics aren't
there to begin with. Is it really so different? The text is "unveiled" by
including the graphics.

>I am
>saying that our current guidelines and rightly so aim at strenthening
>the availability of information and that ot go further there needs to be
>a different set of guidelines.

Not so much a different set, but a more inclusion in the current guidelines
and especially specifics on including graphics that are illustrative, to
guide web masters to making intellent choices in making their content more
useful to a wider audience.

					Anne

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1