Re: text:graphic was: XML? (no, caching)

Here's a thought experiment.  Start with what is available in GuruNet
<http://www.gurunet.com/>.  This is a universal "Whazzat?" [What is that?]
tool for text on the screen.  It appears to use screen reader technology
because it is not limited to Web stuff.  Think what it could do if it
understood a user preference for imagery (for all I yet know, it does).

The key is getting the corpus of graphics associated with relevant text.
But this is the metadata version of LONGDESC in a nutshell.  One can get
software to invert the relation.

Al

See also <http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/ptech-20001005.html>.  Walt likes it.