Re: "invisible" alternate links: accessible?

At 10:59 AM 8/8/2000 , Zachary Mutrux wrote:
>Ahoy the WAI IG:
>What do you think about making certain text the same color as the page
>background, if it is intended for users of text-only browsers?

It's a hack but not a particularly elegant one, and as an inelegant
hack has the potential to introduce serious problems and confusion.

I suggest that a CSS2 solution would generally work better -- oh,
and as many people have used the 'same color as the background'
trick to try to fool search engines, using this strategy extensively
*could lead to your site being completely excluded from search
engines*.

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                       http://kynn.com/
Director of Accessibility, Edapta                  http://www.edapta.com/