RE: verifying accessibility

> From:	JAN HECHT [SMTP:HECHT@SCSU.CTSTATEU.EDU]
>
> figure out how to navigate it. And why risk the chance that folks might
> miss important information? Isn't the point of informaiton design to
> ensure
> people are receiving the information?

	[DJW:]  Whilst I think the aims of the current audience
	are different, most web page design is about selling,
	either oneself (juvenile web pages) or one's company's
	products.  Although personally, I would like to look to
	advertising for real information to help buy a product,
	advertising is largely about emotions, because, with
	real information, you'll learn the weaknesses of the
	product and how little it differs from any similar one.

	For some reason, people designing to sell think they must
	look state of the art.

	Unfortunately, designers trying to convey infomation are
	swayed by the designs of those who aren't.

	If I'm looking for information on the web, I try to find
	amateur pages and the PDF white papers on commercial sites.
	Academic HTML is also OK, but rarely hyperlinked.

	(Much high level advertising is designed to get enquiries
	and allow the salesmen to control the real information that
	they then provide person to person.)