RE: single browser intranets

At 02:11 PM 10/26/1999 -0700, Scott Luebking wrote:
>Hi,
>Suppose that a company buys JAWS for one blind employee who works
>well on the intranet with it.  The company hires a second blind employee
>who only uses lynx and refuses to use JAWS.  Is the intranet
>accessible or not?
>Scott

Seems to me that if the new employee "refuses" to use what is available
rather than is "unable" to use it, the employer would be in a good position
to "refuse" further employment to that employee. The same would happen if a
non-disabled employee "refused" to use IE instead of Netscape, Windows
instead of Lynx, etc.

				Anne

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1