RE: Browser Question

Okay, I hate Microsoft as much as the next guy, but installing Linux on an
ongoing hodgepodge collection of 486's can't be anything but masochism!

Sadly, I must confess to having to support a number of Win 3.1 machines,
including a few with Internet access.

I recommend the "full install" version 3.03 of Internet Explorer, which
includes a TCP/IP stack and dialer.  Personally, I preferred Netscape
Navigator 2.02 and 3.04 over IE 3.02, but Netscape never bundled a public
domain dialer with their Win/WfW 3x stuff (one can use the MS IE dialer
though).  You can get IE 3.03 at (long) URL:
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/iebuild/ie3sp1_win16/en/ie3sp1_win16
.htm