RE: Web Magazine featuring Accessibility issues

Actually webtechs is back in the hands of the people who put the validator
there, although I believe it now points to Gerald's validator at W3C.

Charles

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

  At 11:25 AM 10/19/1999 , Bruce Bailey wrote:
  >Yes, it would be nice if the W3C validator did not get hung up on "trivial"
  >html errors (especially ones that are repeated several times on a page).
  >  But the tool works, and it's free and very fast.

  The validator at htmlhelp.com may be more friendly; at one time,
  the W3C's validator was Gerald Oskoboiny's private project at
  his university, and was called the "Kinder, Gentler Validator."
  It featured easier-to-understand error messages than the other
  primary validator at the time, run by webtechs (this no longer
  exists and the site now belongs to a porn company, so check your
  old links to make sure you're not sending people to nude women
  instead of a validator!).

  Since being made an official W3C service, about the time Ger took
  a job at the W3C, the KGV lost its "kindess" and adopted a formal
  W3C air of officialness.

  Liam Quinn's htmlhelp validator is based on the same technology
  (but not the same source code) as the W3C validator, and thus
  produces roughly equivalent validation, differing primarily on
  the input/output methods and error messages.  You may find this
  a useful alternative to the official W3C validator:

        http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/