Re: is accessibility "difficult"?

At 01:01 PM 10/19/1999 , Leonard R. Kasday wrote:
>However, accessibility is time consuming if:
>1. Your page has graphics that convey real meaning, [...]
>2. Your page has any non-trivial mathematics, [...]
>3. You have a data table with a lot of columns, [...]
>4. You need to publish on your web site material that was created by tools
>with inadequate HTML support, [...]

Agreed!  None of these are "HTML issues" directly, which is why I
make the claim that HTML coding (for accessibility, for validity,
etc) is a trivial task.  All of the above deal with browser or
tool deficiencies, or organization/thinking-it-through problems.

I would also add "You are using multimedia on your site" because
creating transcripts is _not_ easy, but then again, it's not a
markup issue either.