RE: please help correct a problem?

Mr. Poehlman-
Have you given them the information about the California requirements for
Long Distance Learning?  The OCR resolution is requiring accessibility and I
expect this will have a growing impact nationally.

The Chancellor's Office of the California Community Colleges is requiring
compliance with the WAI Accessibility Guidelines and is quoted as follows:

"It is required that all California community college instructional Web
sites created or substantially modified after adoption of these guidelines
[WAI Accessibility Guidelines] be Priority l compliant.  It is strongly
recommended that all California community college instructional Web sites
created or substantially modified after adoption of these guidelines be
Priority 2 compliant."

This quote is found on page 16 of "Distance Education:  Access Guidelines
for Students with Disabilities August 1999" found at
http://www.HTCTU.FHDA.EDU/dlguidelines/final%20dl%20guidelines.htm

Cynthia D. Waddell

Cynthia D. Waddell
ADA Coordinator