QUESTION: image map alt tags

Date:    Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:00:26 -0500
From:    Sallow <sallow@twcny.rr.com>
Subject: QUESTION: image map ALT tagsthis again comes from advhtml but
since it concerns us here I thought I'd post it for the gentleman.

hey there-

         I am having problems getting the ALT text to appear on my
image
maps.  The image map works as it is suppossed to (all links are good
and
functional) but the alt text will not appear.  I have always had this
problem and have simply assumed it is not possible.

         I am an intermediate user, meaning i can write almost
anything
you could want in HTML but my scripting skills are only now being
learned.  The server I am running the page on is Apache (unix).  I
work
from a windows 95 OS or linux redhat (pico editor) depending on where
happen to be when I sit dow to write.

         the URL to my home page is:

http://www.io.com/~god
         the URL to the specific imagemap in question is:

http://www.io.com/~god/warhammer/warhammer.htm

any advise anyone could render would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Sallow
(Dave Brooks)