Re: Review request

Hi David,

In the HTML that you're asking for, are you only asking for HTML headings
etc. in which case you would rely on browser features to jump from section
to section?

Or are you asking for a table of contents listing the sections up front?

Or a link at each section to jump to the next section?

I'm asking some of this wearing my tool hat since it would be possible for
a tool to add such links to a correctly marked up document.

Len

At 02:53 PM 8/4/99 -0500, ADAM GUASCH-MELENDEZ wrote:
>OK, the form wrap should be easy; I'll take care of that. Some of the
straight text stuff will also be changed. At one time it was easier for
certain documents (primarily our enforcement guidances and compliance
manual - rather long, dull legal documents) to be done in plain text. It's
still easier, but it's less accessible, so I'm now insisting on HTML. I
haven't had a chance to fix the older documents, but I'll move that higher
up the priority list. I may take your suggestion and do some quick
navigation mark-up as a short-term measure - good idea.

>Thanks!
>
>Adam

>I am impressed, whishing the form would wrap and hoping that you use
>lite html markup on the manual rather than streight text as I saw in
>one of the sections if only to allow one to go through the table of
>contents jumping from section and to return to the previous page or
>top of the page or document?
>Thanks

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Universal Design Engineer, Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)