Re: About Priority 2.1 and 2.2

At 08:42 PM 7/21/1999 , Charles F. Munat wrote:
>Priority 2.1 states "Ensure that all information conveyed with color is also
>available without color, for example from context or markup."
>If I use a stylesheet to set "text-decoration: none" for links, does this
>violate Priority 2.1?

Stylesheets are a difficult thing to deal with when you're
working with hard and fast rules.  In the above example,
yes, most people would only have to rely on color to identify
the links.

HOWEVER, if someone _needed_ a non-color distinction between
links and non-links, they could easily add this using style
sheets by creating their own user CSS file and specifying the
following:

     A:link, A:visited { text-decoration: underline ! important; }

The problem, of course, is that in order to do this, a user would
have to learn CSS.  The average web -designer- may not know CSS
these days, so it's preposterous to assume that the average -user-
will be able to craft a CSS file to account for her special needs.