Re: ASP is not accessible?

Nancy wrote:
> At the recent Web99 conference in San Francisco in one of the design
> workshops the speaker said that ASP is considered inaccessible by WAI. I
> can't image why ASP specifically would be considered inaccessible and I
> can't find anything addressing the issue on the w3.org site.

Whoever said this was wrong.  ASP is a server-level technology that
produces web pages (HTML).  There is nothing about that which would
prevent the proper creation of accessible HTML.

This statement was really like saying "Perl is inaccessible" -- Perl,
when used for web applications, simply creates HTML as well.

Any technology that produces HTML is accessibility-neutral for the
most part; you have to look at the HTML output and judge from that.

--Kynn