RE: Citation of URLs

Just my two cents:

Many URLs don't start with "www.", for example, just "aware.hwg.com" is
(just a little) ambiguous.

Many word processors and email programs (and more software in the future to
be sure) will convert http://www.foo.com to a live hyper text link.  They
will NOT do this for www.foo.com.

I see enough confusion between novices confusing email and web sites (as in
"my web site is at novice@aol.com" or "our company's email is www.foo.com".
 Please don't contribute to this by omitting the "http" bit.