RE: tired of this thread - Work to do

At 10:45 PM 6/17/1999 -0400, Chuck Hitchcock wrote:
>Even textbook publishers and
>educational software publishers have made only limited progress in this area
>and they need to reach a very wide audience.  I hope to be working on "Mr.
>Chips" within the next six months or so.  The work reaches beyond
>accessibility to improved learning opportunities for the widest possible
>audience.

Chuck,

	Sounds like your Mr. Chips program is a good step in the right direction.
The needs of learners will be different from the needs of adults with
cognitive disabilities (e.g. it's OK for adults to use "crutches" as much
as they need to, if the "crutch" is helpful).

>The work will be difficult and it is likely to take many years to convince
>publishers and site authors to provide content suitable for meeting these
>needs.  Like most people, I have too much on my plate to start on this right
>away but I would like to find out if others are interested in thinking about
>this is a way that extends beyond basic access.

	Chuck, I would be very interested in thinking (and working) towards the
development of Mr. Chips and other educationally-oriented software. Let me
know how I can help.

				Anne
Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1