Re: Access Keys for Accessibility

Chuck,

At least in Internet Explorer, it turns out that you can use all the letter
keys for ACCESSKEY choices.   For example, if you have set an
ACCESSKEY="f", to activate it you must press and hold the alt-key then
press the f-key.  However, to activate the application/Windows "File" menu
you can press and release the alt-key then press the f-key.  IE assumes
that simultaneous contact means "do the ACCESSKEY" while sequential contact
means "do the application menu". I don't know if this will follow for other
browsers when they support ACCESSKEY, but Microsoft certainly got this one
right.

Regards,
Chuck Letourneau

At 08/05/99 07:35 PM , you wrote:
>Personally I believe sticking to numbering them would be more appropriate.
>Considering the fact that "alt" also activates browser drop downs, you won't
>have access to all 26 letters.
>Internet Explorer:
>File Edit View Favorites Tools Help
>Netscape: