Re: Pop-ups and new windows

I'm not even sure when those things happen.  I just know that when there
are no obvious textual ways to deal with what is on the screen, things go
hay wire.  for instanc, the wattermark of geocities opened in a ew window
or at least I figured that is what happened because closing that window,
gave me the site I was seeking.
the window only said "here's a message from one of our sponsors.  this is
with jfw 3.2 and netscape 4.05.
As I indicated I don't now what's going on behind the scenes.  flashing
text for instances causes problems for navigation because the navigation
aids want to go to them, anything that pops up over the page will be
useless and render the page useless because it will be jumbled.  anything
that has no directional text ellements in it and is off to the side will
be missed entirely.
this is a user looking at the display or trying to who doesn't know what
the cause of the problems is.
I guess if we had some specific examples saying go to this url for this
behaviour etc, I could use my combination and throw in ie for good measure
because I use it too and it is popular and good at getting at sites, and
report back.  I'd hope though that someone will tell us more specifically
how these things naming names affect access.