Re: FW: d links

At 01:02 p.m. 07/17/98 -0400, Robert Neff wrote:
>Seems to me that if the American Council of the Blind (acb.org) and the
>American Federation of the Blind (www.nfb.org) don't use the d link then
>neither should we.  Granted they only have one gif but if it was important
>and /or necessary they would probably have used it.

Maybe they're experts in the some fields, but not necessarily
experts in designing accessible web pages?  Maybe they don't
_know_ that they can offer additional information to their
blind users by using d-links or similar code?

It's easier to believe that, than to believe they were presented
with the option of including d-links and made a conscious decision
against using them.

Why not write and ask, though?

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
Vice President, Marketing and Outreach, HTML Writers Guild