Re: FW: d links

American Council of the Blind (http://acb.org/) use D-links for important
information. Obviously they don't consider their logo very important
compared to the audio file they present. They feel that the words
American Council for the Blind convey all that anybody is likely to care
about. I agree with them.

Alternatively, they really do care about the logo, but don't know how to
add a D-Link. But it turns out that the ACB have their site produced by a
web designer. And that web designer has a home page filled with broken
images, and no d-links. Now who is responsible for letting the customer
know how a website can and should be designed? Consider the following: I
ask one mechanic to look after my car - tell me what needs doing, when,
and when I eed to bring the car back so he can check it or do stuff to
it. If he failed to fix the brakes, because I had not specifically said
that I wanted working brakes in my car, what do I do? (Hint - think large
court payouts)

As a web designer, I would say that our own house is way out of order
(actually in private I might suggest a figure for the proportion of
incompetent sharks amongst us, but only if provoked) and that we should
fix it ourselves. Which after all is why we are all on this list.

The nfb give alt text: Image of NFB logo: security - equality - opportunity

Same applies.

Charles McCathieNevile