Re: offline validator / virtual browsers

At 09:02 AM 7/17/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Can anyone help me in finding an offline HTML validator that meets
>w3c-wai-ig recommendations?  I use a Power Mac (OS8) with Netscape.
>
>I'm also wondering if there are such things as "virtual browsers" so I
>can see how my pages perform outside of Netscape (i.e. Lynx, MSIE, etc).
>
>Kristopher Walmsley
>k.walmsley@swipnet.se
___________________________
KRISTOPHER:

One of the best tools for testing pages against the W3C's page authoring
guidelines for Accessibility is BOBBY, available at:

http://www.cast.org/bobby/bobby.html

Note that you can select which browser you are testing for (including
multiple versions), then get either graphically marked up or text-only
results with very detailed errors and suggestions for how to change the
page to both match standard markup and make the page more accessible.

Also, there is an excellent tool for previewing in MS Internet Explorer or
Netscape Communicator what a page will look like in Lynx at:

http://www.miranova.com/~steve/Lynx-View.html

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions...
Bill Curtis

Bill Curtis
Research Scientist / Multimedia Developer
Center for Rehabilitation Technology
College of Architecture
Georgia Institute of Technology
voice: 404.894.0703