Re: FIRE

sorry, I missed it, what was your credit card information <grin>
seriously though, isn't this bound up somehow in something you can get
like a certificate?
some sites cdnow for instance will provide you with an auto login allowing
for the information you describe and much much more to be filled in only
once and never again unless you need to change something.

On Sun, 31 May 1998, William Loughborough wrote:

> Is it conceptually possible to make a "Filtered Interface REgistry" that
> would function as a "poor person's firewall", interpose an internally
> maintained proxy server with a registry of all one's name, address, etc.
> and properly secured credit card stuff so that a conforming interactive
> forms submission on a Web site could (at the whim of the client) access
> all that information without one having to repeatedly be entering
> "William Baldridge Loughborough..." (with a surname as long as mine this
> becomes a main reason for having wanted a computer in the first place!)?
>
> If such a feature became ubiquitous it might help accessibility.
> --
> Love.
>             ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE
> http://dicomp.pair.com