Re: FIRE

At 06:15 a.m. 05/31/98 -0700, William Loughborough wrote:
>Is it conceptually possible to make a "Filtered Interface REgistry" that
>would function as a "poor person's firewall", interpose an internally
>maintained proxy server with a registry of all one's name, address, etc.
>and properly secured credit card stuff so that a conforming interactive
>forms submission on a Web site could (at the whim of the client) access
>all that information without one having to repeatedly be entering
>"William Baldridge Loughborough..." (with a surname as long as mine this
>becomes a main reason for having wanted a computer in the first place!)?

Probably so.  By the way, have you tried the Opera browser?
(Currently available only for Windows machines, both 3.X and
95/NT.)  It has the ability to enter your information, including
your name, address, phone number, etc., into the browser, and
then quickly and easily paste that into any text field form.
The way I do it is with a right-click and then a select, but
I imagine there are probably keyboard shortcuts too, knowing
how Opera is put together.  (Lots of keyboard commands.)

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
Vice President, Marketing and Outreach, HTML Writers Guild