Re: Using htlm editors to produce clean code?

Alan,

Thanks for your generous contribution to this thread. Jakob Nielsen's latest
"Alertbox" seems to me to be very relavant to the discussion at hand. Anyone
who is interested in employing so-called WYSIWYG products (ads for which
make a
big deal about templates) for page/site creation by non-professionals, will
find this most illuminating (I think...)

later,
mb

The Alertbox for May 17 is now online at
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/980517.html
By turning all text into gibberish, a usability test
can focus on whether the *layout* of a Web template
helps users navigate and use the myriad of pages
that will be authored with the template. Better
test *before* you release your template designs
to hundreds of content contributors.