Re: D-link and LONGDESC (GL type stuff)

IMG SRC="dlinkk.gif" ALT="D" is not all that helpful. but IMG
SRC="D-link.gif" ALT="D-link" (As I wrote) should be clear to anybody who
understands a d-link. (That of course does not include the whole world,
but there are also many people who don't understand how to use a
bookmark)

Charles McCathieNevile

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, David Poehlman wrote:

> At first when I saw it, I thought perhaps a good idea but then did a
> doubletake.  what would alt="d" mean to me.  no, alt should take me
> someplace or tell me something usefull. a description page is good and is
> actually used in some instances already.
> wgbh for instance.

I had written