Re: [EXT] Focus-appearance & decorative effects

Hi Alastair,
What I meant was that for each of those shadows there’s a gradient edge that does change, for example when zoomed. Measuring where it “stops” is subjective because it isn’t ‘fixed.’
Jennifer

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 at 5:50 AM
To: Jennifer Strickland <jstrickland@mitre.org>
Cc: WCAG list (w3c-wai-gl@w3.org) <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [EXT] Focus-appearance & decorative effects
Hi Jennifer,

If you have a look at some simple examples with & without shadow:
https://codepen.io/alastc/pen/gOeyoVe

A shadow could be as permanent as a border, at least in an authored-CSS context.

I think the underlying answer is that the note covers it, saying what it includes and doesn’t. That isn’t exhaustive, but I think aligns with a common sense reading and provides good direction.

-Alastair