Re: [EXT] Re: Focus not "obscured" to "overlapped"

+1

From: Todd Libby <toddlibby@protonmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 at 8:48 AM
To: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>, WCAG list (w3c-wai-gl@w3.org) <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: [EXT] Re: Focus not "obscured" to "overlapped"
+1

---
Best,

Todd Libby

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 04:58, Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com<mailto:acampbell@nomensa.com>> wrote:
Hi everyone,

The last (very last, I hope) potentially normative issue on WCAG 2.2 is:
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/2583

If so, should we change the SC to talk about overlapping instead of obscuring?

E.g. When a <a>user interface component</a> receives keyboard focus, the component is not entirely overlapped by author-created content.

That means opacity doesn’t figure into the scope, if it overlaps it overlaps.

That change is implemented in:
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/2634/files

Does that work? Any objections?

-Alastair