Re: Accessibility Authentication - WCAG 2.2 status update

Hey Alastair,
It strikes me that if an authentication process has both cognitive function
test, and a test that is not a cognitive function, it does not "*rely on*"
the cognitive function test. It seems the following requirement is
identical to what has been proposed:

> For each step in an authentication process that relies on a cognitive
function test, a mechanism is available to assist the user in completing
the cognitive function test.

We use the phrase "rely solely on" in 1.3.1 Sensory Characteristics. It
seems to me that if it's sufficient there for people to understand what
that means, it would be okay here too.

Not a blocker, just my 2 cents.

--
*Wilco Fiers*
Axe-core product owner - Co-facilitator WCAG-ACT - Chair ACT-R

Join me at axe-con <http://deque.com/axe-con> 2021: a free digital
accessibility conference.