RE: Focus visible, plus?

As an FFYI SC 1.4.3 which is Level AA is labeled Contrast (Minimum).

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 1:20 PM
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>; WCAG list (w3c-wai-gl@w3.org) <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Focus visible, plus?

Hi Laura,

        > I agree with John that the real minimum is Level A.

Fair enough, good to have a fresh view!

I'm unsure about "median" for the new AA criterion, but I also can't think of anything along those lines that feels right.

Modifying the name of 2.4.7 is something I had veered away from, but it might be the neatest thing, e.g:

* Level A: 2.4.7 Focus visible (Minimum)
* Level AA: 2.4.11 Focus visible
* Level AAA: 2.4.xx Focus visible (Enhanced)

Floating that, but wondering if there will be howls of complaint about changing a 2.0 SC name...? (Or Michael might say it will break the spec?!)

My backup suggestion is:
* Level A: 2.4.7 Focus visible
* Level AA: 2.4.11 Focus visible (Contrast)
* Level AAA: 2.4.xx Focus visible (Enhanced)

The reasoning being that the new criteria brings in a contrast requirement, and the AAA one enhances that.

Cheers,

-Alastair