RE: Add Findable Help

Hi Alastair, I don’t think that distinction that moving a link from one nav group to another is not a fail of 3.2.3 is clear from reading the understanding documents and techniques – so if that is the case it might be good have to have an update that.  In addition, for Findable help it’s possible that the contact information is not a navigation item because it’s text (e.g. a phone number) so that’s why we need that language in the new criterion.

Jonathan

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2020 5:46 AM
To: Detlev Fischer <detlev.fischer@testkreis.de>
Cc: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Add Findable Help

> A standard link to help across pages I would consider part of the service navigation.

Sure, and if the service navigation stays in the same order relative to other navigation mechanisms it would pass Consistent Navigation.

However, if the help link moved from the service nav to the footer on some pages it would not fail Consistent Navigation, but we’d like it to fail this one.

Cheers,

-Alastair