Re: Add Findable Help

Hey Alastair,
Thanks for the replies. Let me respond to them one at a time:

> It doesn’t require a contact option. *If* you provide a contact option,
it needs to be provided in a consistent location.

I guess I just don't understand what is meant with "available". Does it
have to be part of the SPA or the set of web pages? I guess not since
that's not what it says. But then how far should a tester look before
concluding there is no contact mechanism? I think this leaves a lot of grey
areas. Here are a few examples

- A website with a third party forms app, does the forms app need to link
to the main website's contact page?
- An org has a main site, and is running an ad website, does the ad site
need to link to the main website's contact page?
- An org has two blogs, one with contact details, one without, does the one
without need to link to the contact page of the other site?
- I have a hosted blog without contact info, but my blog provider does, do
I need to link to the blog provider's contact page?

> A small content change isn’t “all subsequent page and content changes”?!

I don't think I understand what you mean. How is a "small content change"
not a "content change"?

> We already have an SC called “consistent navigation”, and having raised
it in at least one call, no one else thought it caused an issue. The
understanding document explains:

The understanding document is informative. It can not contain definitions.
"Consistent navigation" has a much clearer requirement: "same relative
order". It also gets around the issue of "what if it isn't visible by
default". I don't think we're going to get consistent test results if we
leave "consistent location" undefined.

--
*Wilco Fiers*
Axe for Web product owner - Co-facilitator WCAG-ACT - Chair ACT-R