From: Detlev Fischer <detlev.fischer@testkreis.de>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 5:58 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: Messages from previous editors on 2.4.7 focus visible

+1 to Alastair's reply, fully agree with the proposed approach.
Best,
Detlev

Am 20.05.2020 um 13:49 schrieb Alastair Campbell:

Personally, I think the best option would be to consider the focus indicator independently of other layers of content on the page, as that is what is under author control. As soon as you include other aspects such as user-agent behaviour or other layers of content, we get into a very messy and un-testable situation.

Also, I think the overall improvement from strengthening the visibility of focus-indicators is more beneficial than tackling this case that is much less common, at least on websites I visit or test.

If we agree on that, we should then look at a normative basis for both this focus-hiding aspect, and the zoom/reflow issues with sticky content, but that would be a 2.3/silver thing.