From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2020 11:27 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: Plugins as SC - thread was: Visual Indicators

On 20/04/2020 09:58, Schnabel, Stefan wrote:

> And please allow me a last comment: Saying "browsers won't implement that, therefore you can and have to use external tools" removes all the pressure from the browser vendors. Like saying to kids "You don't need to learn to swim, there are boats".

Just picking up on this point to say, once again, that the point of WCAG
is not to pressure browser vendors into doing anything. That's the point
of UAAG, not WCAG.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke

https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux