Fwd: Findable Help (Was status update)

Hi Rachael,

thank you for your mail, I would like to suggest some changes so we can achieve a great SC.

We all appreciate a consistent and easy-to-find help. So my proposals are:

Objection 1: From a customer point of view it would have been nice to have conformance statements on two levels. However, as you described, a conformance statement can be achieved with the current wording.

Objection 2: I see two options:
1) to change the order of the bullets, e.g. move self-help options to the top and order the bullets further down the more human contacts are involved.
2) to create a balance over all the bullets, meaning to provide examples for the self-help option as well, like "e.g. context help, application help, faqs".

Proposal:

----- 8< ----- snip ----- >8 -----
For single page apps or any set of web pages with blocks of content that are repeated on multiple web pages, at least one of the following is included or linked in a consistent location:

* Self-help option - e.g., context help, application help, documentation
* A fully automated chatbot that can:
  * recognize misspelled words,
  * provide human contact details if the chatbot is unable to provide a satisfactory response after 3 attempts,
  * be dismissed with a single interaction, and recalled using a link or button.
* human contact mechanism - e.g., messaging system,  contact form, social media channel
* human contact details - e.g., phone number, email address, chat client

Except for archival unsupported content which is clearly labeled as such, or where finding help would invalidate the activity.

Note: There is no requirement for a human to be available at all times.

Objection 3: IMHO the level of WCAG 2.2 3.3.5 should be "A", because the availability of help in general is typically aligned with a higher priority and finding the help in a consistent way would be subordinate. Maybe this is just my guts feeling after reading the ISO standards for usability/accessibility. I had the impression that help is so important so it requires an extra standard section for reviewing the quality of help (9241-13).

best regards, Oliver.