Re: Crowd Source Request: Examples of pre in pages you use.

Hi Patrick,

I'm not a Poly Lit Major, but I believe the formatting of both of those
examples is in fact important; certainly the Haiku, which is specifically
defined as 3 lines with the 5,7,5 syllable construct. Wrapping (for
example) the middle line would certainly break that construct, and it would
no longer be a Haiku...

I also quoted the specific pattern of the Robert Service poem, where the
4-line pattern is also an important literary construct; I can't comment on
*how* important, but I do know there is some importance attached. Any
academics out there who could weigh in?

JF

(Sent from my mobile, apologies for any spelling mistakes)