Re: What is a failure of 1.3.5 Identify Input Purpose?

Hi Josh,

I understand. For your 'can't cook won't cook' audience, I'd suggest the
following:

   - Step one: Identify form inputs that are related *ONLY* to the actual
   user (i.e. the likely owner of the computer). Family members or other
   persons who's information may be captured in the form by the user are not
   required to be included here, only inputs about the actual user.

   - Step two: for any <input type="text"> that is related to the end user,
   add the @autocomplete attribute and appropriate token value.

I suggest this in the same spirit of guidance we'd likely offer for SC
1.1.1 (where *we* know there are multiple techniques), but we tell the
inexperienced content creator "...*add an @alt attribute for images that
are informative, actionable, or complex. For decorative images use alt="".*"

Does that boil it down enough?

JF