RE: Edits to WCAG 2.1 Introduction in place

  *   It is the intention and opinion of the Working Group that polices that currently reference WCAG 2.0 can equally accept documents claiming WCAG 2.1 conformance as meeting version 2.0" (or something like that...)

+1 to John on this.

Jonathan

From: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 10:13 PM
To: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
Cc: AG WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Edits to WCAG 2.1 Introduction in place

Hi Michael,

For the most part, this looks good. I have one small issue however. You write:

> Content that conforms to WCAG 2.1 also conforms to WCAG 2.0, and therefore to policies that reference WCAG 2.0.

I'm not sure we can make that statement or claim
​. While it is the WG's opinion and intent, I don't think we can make claims for policies outside of our control.

I suspect a minor edit along the lines of "
Content that conforms to WCAG 2.1 also conforms to WCAG 2.0
​. ​
It is the intention and opinion of the Working Group that polices that currently reference WCAG 2.0 can equally accept documents claiming WCAG 2.1 conformance as meeting version 2.0" (or something like that...)

​JF​