RE: Where we stand on Animations SC #18

Hi Alastair,

It’s been awhile since I’ve followed this one, but I agree with David that “motion” by itself is not clear.  Most definitions of “animation” include motion or movement in the description.  I get what you’re after reading what you wrote:

>“Motion and scaling” are the ones we are confident are definitely issues. Colour changes, blinking and scrolling information (e.g. a teletype banner type thing) are not definitely issues, so I’d rather not try and cover those and leave it open to comments of over-reach.

As written, I don’t think this scopes out scrolling marquees since there’s obviously motion there.  I’m guessing you also want to exclude little things like a spinning coin?  Or would that be dependent on size?

Maybe use a word or phrase to refer to motion which includes position change of elements?

Steve