RE: mock u[p page for issue tracking

The heading and the table of content is actually very important for some of us slower readers to be able to follow. Also, I am not sure that huge threads with 1000 comments on a github issue enables issues to be searched quickly.

We might be able to solve most of your issues without losing the useability/accessibility of googledocs.  In google docs we can use some keyword such as "resolution" etc that the SC manager will need to prefex each decision. google docs does keep a complete history and we can limit who can edit and who can just comment.

I know it is not ideal and we have to decide what our requirements are and prioritize them. I think it has to be a high priority  requirement that it is useable by more  people in  coga groups.

I think as WCAG we have a hard time arguing that other needs come first.

All the best

Lisa Seeman

LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 20:42:37 +0200  White<jjwhite@ets.org> wrote ----

    Yes, exactly, and these comments echo my point from earlier this week.

 We do need a bug/issue tracking tool, not a document or a wiki page. Gregg Vanderheiden once raised the prospect of 1000 public comments on a WCAG working draft. Unfortunately, this is a very realistic possibility. Whatever their absolute number, we need to be able to track the progress of each issue, comments on it, and resolutions made, all while retaining a complete record. Issues need to be searched and filtered quickly. In short, this problem demands a database and associated software, which is what an issue tracking tool offers.
     I strongly support the use of issue tracking tools and strongly oppose resorting to documents, wiki pages or other approaches that do not scale well, open up opportunities for mistakes, or otherwise fail to meet the working group’s needs.