RE: I will vote against WCAG 2.1 Draft

From: David MacDonald []

If we seek agreement that some don't meet the requirements we will not meet the group's self imposed deadline. Getting agreement on 25 SCs could take several months.

I think then we'd have to reverse the group decision to publish on a schedule and vote to publish each draft when its ready. I would support that decision although my guess is that there will be a stalemate on consensus around that.

[Jason] I would also support that decision, although I think it’s possible to publish fairly regular drafts as proposals are discussed and decided upon.
Another option is we could appoint several of us (chairs, Gregg, Jason, myself, Katie etc.) who have experience with SCs to go through the 25 on the group's behalf and mark them as needing work to meet SC requirements. That also would be an act of trust by the committee...
[Jason] Yes, it would be. If such a process were to be approved, I would volunteer for it. I have to review the proposals anyway, for these and other reasons.


This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

Thank you for your compliance.


Received on Monday, 20 February 2017 18:54:24 UTC