Re: does anyone currently fail colour contrast for text in timed media

Reasons that I haven't been watching videos to fail text contrast under
1.4.3 is because:

1) It would be a significant requirement, but it text in animations and
movies is not mentioned in the understanding, which limits itself to
"pixels" and static images.
2) The video was not likely rendered in non-text form for the purpose of
achieving a particular effect on the text. It was probably made for a
different reason.
3) I don't remember any discussion of text contrast in videos during the
creation of WCAG 1.4.3.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*