Re: Accessible authentication and we need a fundamental change

On 01/02/2017 17:27, John Foliot wrote:
> With regard to accessible authentication, there is emergent work within
> the W3C on that topic today (Verifiable Claims and Web payments in
> general), although, similar to our Working Group, the Verifiable Claims
> folks encountered some push-back while attempting to get their work into
> a Working Group (and out of a Community Group).

As noted on GitHub, I'd also add that the current SC seems to merge two
quite distinct concepts (individual authentication and CAPTCHA-type
challenges). These have different needs and potential solutions, and I
feel they should therefore be split into separate SCs (which may or may
not share common techniques).

Patrick H. Lauke