RE: SC #62 Keyboard with AT (that remaps key input)

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:05 AM

In the comments for Issue #62, there appears to be emerging consensus that this is already required in 2.1.1. Accessibility support requires that Keyboard functionality still works when a screen reader is running. We've been failing content on that basis for years. However, what the new SC does point out, is that the Understanding document could be updated with a sentence about mobile, and that it also applies there. This is not a new requirement, so it doesn't need an SC, it just needs a bit of pastural guidance in the Understanding of 2.1.1.
[Jason] I’m comfortable with that position. As indicated in comments on GitHub, I also think there are issues with the proposal as written.

Thank you for your compliance.