Re: Automated and manual testing process

On 30/01/2017 13:20, Michael Pluke wrote:
[...]
> If we exclude new SCs related to how well people understand content,
> just because understandability is difficult to automatically test, then
> *cognitive accessibility will continue to be poorly represented in
> WCAG*.

I don't think anybody was suggesting that only things that can be tested
automatically should be in WCAG. Indeed, many SCs of current WCAG
require "manual testing" and expert human judgement, and even Wilco's
original message included these (under "Conformance testing").

The discussion, however, was about requiring SCs that can only be
passed/failed based on user testing (i.e. where just having one or more
expert auditors is not appropriate/sufficient to make a determination).

Patrick H. Lauke